COVID-19 Health & Safety Policies
During the COVID-19 (coronavirus) crisis, we are enacting additional Health & Safety protocols based on the guidelines provided by WorksafeBC. These measures will continue until the health crisis passes and the B.C. Provincial Health Authority and WorksafeBC relax their recommendations. These policies are effective as of June 3rd, 2020.
Our Policies & Protocols are broken up into different categories, in order of importance and effectiveness. These are: Elimination, Engineering Controls, Administrative Controls, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Elimination is the first level of protection, lowering the chance of having any contact with the virus at all or allowing it to further spread. This includes things such as "social distancing" measures and limiting occupancy.
Our Virus Elimination / Prevention Policies are:
- • An occupancy limit in-store of 50% our normal capacity, including staff.
- • A maximum of two to three staff on shift at any given time.
- • We ask that any guests who have any symptoms, live with anyone that has symptoms or have recently travelled outside of Canada, please do not visit our store at this time and consider self quarantining. Any staff with symptoms will be sent home and asked to do the same, requiring a negative covid test result to return to work.
- • Customers are asked to stay back at least 6 feet / 2 meters from any of the VR players as well as any other customers / groups to maintain social distancing
- • Our "Mobile VR" events offering will no longer be available during this time. We look forward to bringing it back!
- • For computer build and repair services, we can offer free in-town delivery or curbside pickup upon request.
- • We are now offering online ordering services for computer hardware, VR systems, VR accessories and other merchandise.
Engineering Controls are the next line of defense, helping prevent any spread of the virus where social distancing measures are not feasible, or additional controls that help make social distancing easier.
Our Engineering Controls are:
- • We have installed a plexiglass "sneeze guard" barrier at the front counter for protection between customers and our staff.
- • We have a divider line across the shop in front of the VR stations indicating how far any spectators should stay back.
- • Our VR stations are already designed with "social distancing" in mind (already part of the business model).
Administrative Controls include additional policies and cleaning procedures etc. that will help further prevent the spread of the virus.
Our cleaning policies are as follows:
- • All players are required to sanitize or wash their hands before playing VR or the racing simulators. Hand sanitizer is provided for all guests to use as well as our staff.
- • All VR and racing equipment is cleaned in between every player.
- • VR and racing equipment receives a deeper sanitization every night and multiple times throughout the day and between groups.
- • Regular sanitizing of all touch points including door handles, debit machine, water cooler, front counter, mouse & keyboards, couches and any other surface areas or seating.
- • All of our regular cleaning procedures have been stepped up in frequency and thoroughness.
Additional policies and other:
- • We have switched to a manual player registration and sign-in process. Our staff will collect the basic contact information for each player, or find and sign them in to the system if they are a returning player. This minimizes physical contact with anything at the front counter. We recommend customers to pre-register on our website to save time.
- • The game library binders and price sheets must stay at the front counter. These are also regularly wiped down.
- • Only one staff member should be in the front desk area at any one time.
- • We can offer pre-payment over the phone, e-transfer or through our online booking system to avoid contact with the debit machine or cash. We also offer Debit/Credit Tap.
- • Our staff have the option to talk to VR players through the headset voice chat system, allowing them to communicate with and assist players while keeping more of a distance.
- • Whenever possible, groups and individual players are staggered in which stations they are using, with empty stations in between (note: this is not always feasible).
- • All players are required to have signed the player waiver with their contact information and sign-in to our system before playing. This provides us a log of who has played and when, which may be needed for contact tracing if requested by health authorities.
Personal Protective Equipment is considered the last line of defense and for when social distancing is impossible and other measures are not enough.
- • Staff are recommended to wear gloves while handling any of the VR or racing equipment. Gloves should be disposed of and changed in between groups.
- • Staff are required to wear masks indoors.
- • Players and guests over 12 years old are required to wear masks unless they have a medical exemption that prevents them from doing so.
We are not a required or legally protected type of business under the B.C Vaccine Card mandates, thus we do not require any proof of vaccination at our locations at this time.
Furthermore, we have no intention of voluntarily enforcing such a policy, and by signing our player waiver you agree to assume all risks of participation. Play at your own risk.
Regardless of vaccination status, we urge you to stay home if you have any covid symptoms at all or have been in recent contact with anyone else that has, or have recently traveled out of the local region.
If you are a high risk or immunocompromised individual, or if you are uncomfortable with the possibility of children or other people around you potentially being unvaccinated, please also reconsider your visit during these times.
A final note, please remember to be respectful and patient to our staff and others around you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Contact Name: Nick or Josh
Email: [email protected]